On the grounds of European Patient Mobility Directive 2011/24/EU, patients of EU Member States and the EEA States Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway are entitled to
- treatment fundamentally equal to that given to Austrian patients in terms of both costreimbursement and the medical treatment itself;
- receive clear invoices and clear price information on the services rendered by the respective healthcare providers;
- responses to requests for information on the professional liability insurance status of the respective healthcare provider;
- responses to requests for information on the applicable quality standards and safety provisions;
- the preparation of a written or electronic patient file by the healthcare provider and access to the same, and also to at least one copy of the patient file in exchange for a reasonable fee;
- receive information on requirements for prescriptions that are to be filled in another Member State.
The used references can be found in the List of sources.
Last update: 19 July 2019
Created by: Redaktion Gesundheitsportal